Old 05-08-2003, 11:03 PM

Default Electric strimmer

wrote:
Roy Gillett wrote:
I've aquired, second hand, a hefty electric strimmer/brushcutter. It's a
GMESS, it says on the casing. It originally came from Screwfix, I think.
It's supposed to have an interchangeable head, either a strimmer head (which
really does make short work of grass) or a four pointed blade for more
troublesome undergrowth. But I can't get the strimmer head off to put the
blade on. The instruction manual is less than helpful, being just a
succession of obscure drawings.

Has anyone got any experience of this model who can help?

My McCullogh has an anti-clockwise thread holding the strimmer head or
brushcutter balde onto it. Try 'unscrewing' it the other way! :-)

balde = blade

I actually wrote a letter to McCullogh complaining about the poor
ergonomics and isntructions because, while it's fine as a strimmer, it

Hey, I rather like that typo, very apt for the instructions in
question! :-)

does do its best to be awkward in all sorts of ways.

--
Chris Green )