Old 06-08-2003, 03:43 AM
David Hare-Scott

Default Tube stock Vs Seeds

"dave" sparks_davidAThotmailDOTcom wrote in message
u...
My thoughts on the issues. I would use a mixture of tubestock and

seeds.

I am heading that direction.

Tubestocks will naturally grow quicker than seeds as you do not have

wait for germination etc. I would place quick growing native tubestock
around as for the windbreak you need, and at the same time raise

seeds.
Ideally though I would probably stick just to tubestock but if money

is an
issue, tubestock fast growing trees, and ground covers as they will

provide
windbreaks and shelter, then you will be able to plant out smaller
seedlings as they will be protected.

Yup

I have a book about growing australian native plants from seed by

Marray
Ralph, it covers treatment needed and in some species the expected
germination.

Looks good

Thanks

David