Old 06-08-2003, 09:02 AM
Franz Heymann

Default Does compost need turning in a dalek bin

"Chris Rowe" wrote in message
Hi
I have one of the dalek type compost bins and I'm told that compost needs
turning,apart from lifting the bin off the compost, moving the bin/compost
and refilling(lack of space and time consuming) how is this possible?

I no longer have the strength of body or mind to turn the contents of a
compost bin. Mine is a Dalek style bin with a small door at ground level.
I simply put the fresh stuff + activator in at the top and scoop out the
compost at the bottom. The worms love it. It does not get hot enough to
reliably kill weed seeds, so I usually have to keep an eagle eye for
germinating weeds during the first season after applying the compost.

[Franz Heymann]