Old 06-08-2003, 10:22 AM
Frankhartx

Default its your friendly neighborhood newbie again ;)

From: "Lattes" d2do2dmno****ingspam@hotmail

he problem is that the leaves near the base of the plant are dying, should
they? The rest of the plant is doing very well and I have gotten a few cukes
off of it already this season (aren't veggies just a million times better

Some of the older leaveas dying off is generally not a problem

I have also had the problem of my zucchini growing to about 3 to 4 inches
and then rotting from the end in. Is there something I am doing wrong?

Aborted fruit is often caused by lack of pollination--since squash bears
seperate male anf female flowers pollination by bees usually takes care of
things--no or too few bees-then you will need to help-transfdewr pollen from
male to female with a small artists brush or pick off a male and smoosh it on
the female