Old 06-08-2003, 03:02 PM
JennyC

Default Plague of flies

"Robert Davies" wrote in message
A bit OT, I'm afraid, except that they are coming indoors from the
garden, straight into the kitchen. Every summer we have this problem
with houseflies and I usually blame the cows in the field at the end
of the garden. However, this year the farmer's planted barley

instead
yet the flies seem worse than ever.

Last year we bought an electric fly killer (similar to those in

cafes
but smaller) from B&Q but it was useless - didn't catch a thing and
soon broke altogether. Has anyone had any better results from one of
these? Any other recommendations of the best way to deter flies from
entering the house, without having to shut up all the windows, or
disposing of them once they're in would be welcome. I'm currently
swatting about five of the things every time I go into the kitchen.

Robert

Go to one of the DIY shed and get a fly screen door - like the ones
you see in American movies :~))

There are ones that open like an extra door or ones that slide across.
Work really well :~))
Jenny