Old 06-08-2003, 03:22 PM
Bob H

Default Canna Tiki Torch

I bought canna: Robert Kemp from Karchesky this past spring. You can =
find it on their site in the alphabetic list. It's a variety that has =
been around for along time. I think it was first hybridized in the late =
1800's.

The background on the Tiki sounds really interesting. They should put =
that on the webpage. Could it be possible that the original =
homesteaders had brought R. Kemp with them planted it there?

Bob

"Starlord" wrote in message =
: Who or what is Robet Kemp?
:=20
: This canna was found growing by itself on the lands of an old empty =
homestead on
: Oahu Hawaii, I saved seeds and dug rhizomes from the site, then during =
the class
: 5 Hurricane that hit Hawaii, a landslide covered the site with a few =
million
: tons of rock and dirt, you can't even get back to the site anymore, I =
tried.
: I've been growing the seeds and the rhizomes since. This place was =
back in the
: hills, no one had lived there for 60 to 70 years, house was all but =
destroyed by
: the time I found the place on a walk along an old path. There where no =
other
: canna's growing anywhere near the place, the canna where living on the =
rain fall
: water they got.
:=20
: So as the finder of it, and not seeing any other canna just like it on =
the
: market, I've named it and now this one canna seller is selling it for =
me.
:=20
:=20
:=20
: --
: "In this universe the night was falling,the shadows were lengthening
: towards an east that would not know another dawn.
: But elsewhere the stars were still young and the light of morning
: lingered: and along the path he once had followed, man would one day =
go
: again."
:=20
: Arthur C. Clarke, The City & The Stars
:=20
: SIAR
: www.starlords.org
: Bishop's Car Fund
: http://www.bishopcarfund.Netfirms.com/
: Freelance Writers Shop
: http://www.freelancewrittersshop.netfirms.com
: Telescope Buyers FAQ
: http://home.inreach.com/starlord
:=20
: "Bob H" wrote in message
: news:kJGXa.68732$YN5.51395@sccrnsc01...
: Kind of looks just like Robert Kemp to me.
:=20
: What's the difference?
:=20
: Bob H