Old 06-08-2003, 04:42 PM
MattR

Default How does water flow?

Not quite sure what you mean. But if you're trying to match the flow of
the pump with the flow through a valve to keep the water level at a
certain point you'll have troubles. Maybe a picture out of ascii would
help.

BenignVanilla wrote:
Some of you remember my VF fiasco, and that much of the liner is showing due
to my error in judgment on the grade of the land that the VF is built in. I
am contemplating a solution to hide this liner, and need some assistance.

Currently my pump sits in my VF and pumps TO my pond. Water then gravity
feeds via a bottom drain back TO the VF. The liner is mostly visible on the
far end (away from gravity feed) of the VF. I am contemplating, building a
wall using sandbags in the VF. I then will put the pump into the end with
the feed, and pump UP to the new "pond" created by the wall. I then plan to
let the water run back through the current send pipe back to the main pond,
via gravity. I think I may need a valve here to control the flow.

My theory here is that I can pump the water up faster then I let it drain
into the pond, thereby raising the level of the water. I figure I can put
some nice big rocks over the sandbags and let the overflow pour back into
the lower VF, adding some interest and hiding the sandbag wall.

Any thoughts?

--
BenignVanilla
Pond Site: www.darofamily.com/jeff/links/mypond