Old 06-08-2003, 05:22 PM
BenignVanilla

Default How does water flow?

"john rutz" wrote in message

BenignVanilla wrote:
Some of you remember my VF fiasco, and that much of the liner is showing

due
to my error in judgment on the grade of the land that the VF is built

in. I
am contemplating a solution to hide this liner, and need some

assistance.

My theory here is that I can pump the water up faster then I let it

drain
into the pond, thereby raising the level of the water. I figure I can

put
some nice big rocks over the sandbags and let the overflow pour back

into
the lower VF, adding some interest and hiding the sandbag wall.

Any thoughts?

--
BenignVanilla
Pond Site: www.darofamily.com/jeff/links/mypond

sounds like it should work ok how hi are you trying to go, my memory

fails here,
if you pack em tight enough you can get pretty high

So you think this can work?

My primary areas of concern a

1. Can I pump water uphill enough to fill a "pond" above the water line of
my reservoir pond?
2. Can I control the flow back to the reservoir with a valve? I have 4''
plumbing that is currently stopped down to 1'' to handle the pump output.

BV.