Old 06-08-2003, 06:12 PM

Default Orchid Greenhouse

Hum. I'm in Boston, and a 10 x 12 triple-pane greenhouse here runs
$20,000+ after site preparation, electrical, plumbing, and outfitting.
If you're in the city, perhaps you're thinking of converting a room?

In article ,
"GrlIntrpted" wrote:

Okay, my husband finally had enough of the orchids taking over our living
space and he threatned me with bodily harm g if I don't quit buying them.
We've come to a compromise. A greenhouse. We agreed on no more than $2,000
which should cover the (minimum) heating system for winters, and possibly a
misting system, and fans to circulate the air. I want the greenhouse to be
large enough to accomidate anywhere from 200-500 orchids.
I would love to hear recommendations, pluses and minuses of growing in
greenhouses vs. a house and any other information that you think will be
usefull.

I reside in New York City and have about 400-500sq feet for this plan.

You can respond here or drop me an email in private at grdengrl at optonline
dot net.

Thank you in advance,
Mariana