Old 05-08-2003, 04:32 PM
K Barrett

Default Orchid Greenhouse

Yes its quite pricey and I'm not going to say how I got it. *G*
K Barrett
"Wendy" wrote in message
Kathy, where did you get the polycarb from? It is quite pricey? Cheers

Wendy
"K Barrett" wrote in message
Marianna, where there's a will there's a way. I designed and built my

own
GH
8.5' wide, 29' long and 11' tall, polycarbonate twinwall, electrical,
plumbing, gas heat, swamp cooler, benches the whole enchilada, for about
$4500. Never say die.

K Barrett

"Eric Muehlbauer" wrote in message
Marianna- How are you? Years ago, I considered putting a greenhouse on
my top deck...the estimate I got (and you know these are always

minimum
estimates) was $16,000...and that's before heating, wiring,

etc....then
you have to get permits etc....needless to say, I still don't have a
greenhouse.....Take care, Eric

Old 06-08-2003, 12:03 AM
Ray

Yes, it's somewhat pricey, but pays for itself in energy savings quickly.

.. . . . . . . . . . .

Old 06-08-2003, 04:22 AM
K Barrett

What did you decide?

"GrlIntrpted" wrote in message
.net...
I would like to thank all of you who responded to my query about a
greenhouse. You've helped me tremendously.

Mariana

Old 06-08-2003, 06:14 AM
Martin

Chck out www.farmtek.com

Old 06-08-2003, 06:12 PM

Hum. I'm in Boston, and a 10 x 12 triple-pane greenhouse here runs
$20,000+ after site preparation, electrical, plumbing, and outfitting.
If you're in the city, perhaps you're thinking of converting a room?

In article ,
"GrlIntrpted" wrote:

Okay, my husband finally had enough of the orchids taking over our living
space and he threatned me with bodily harm g if I don't quit buying them.
We've come to a compromise. A greenhouse. We agreed on no more than $2,000
which should cover the (minimum) heating system for winters, and possibly a
misting system, and fans to circulate the air. I want the greenhouse to be
large enough to accomidate anywhere from 200-500 orchids.
I would love to hear recommendations, pluses and minuses of growing in
greenhouses vs. a house and any other information that you think will be
usefull.

I reside in New York City and have about 400-500sq feet for this plan.

You can respond here or drop me an email in private at grdengrl at optonline
dot net.

Thank you in advance,
Mariana

Blatant adv for my greenhouse, a mystery and lots of orchid pictures. Al Orchids 8 12-06-2006 11:20 PM
Orchid greenhouse visits Larry Orchids 8 19-01-2005 04:10 AM
orchid greenhouse visit in Milwaukee, WI area J Fortuna Orchids 1 31-12-2004 05:54 PM
orchid greenhouse kenty ;-\) Orchids 7 18-01-2004 04:02 PM