Old 06-08-2003, 07:42 PM
Starlord

Default Canna Tiki Torch

From the reseach I was able to do while I lived over there, that most canna that
was on the islands came over as seeds and rhizomes from the ships that stopped
there for fresh water. The TT canna is what is called a speices canna, as it's
seeds just grow more TT's. Being that the nearest canna was over 5 miles away
and was one of those "Self Cleaning Type " does not set seeds, I figure this
canna had just itself to breed with for a long time.

Last time I was on their web site I had to exit it as they now have active x
control programmed into it and because of all the data I have on my machine, I
don't allow that or any script to run.

--
"In this universe the night was falling,the shadows were lengthening
But elsewhere the stars were still young and the light of morning

Arthur C. Clarke, The City & The Stars

SIAR
www.starlords.org
Bishop's Car Fund
http://www.bishopcarfund.Netfirms.com/
Freelance Writers Shop
http://www.freelancewrittersshop.netfirms.com
Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord

"Bob H" wrote in message
I bought canna: Robert Kemp from Karchesky this past spring. You can find it on
their site in the alphabetic list. It's a variety that has been around for
along time. I think it was first hybridized in the late 1800's.

The background on the Tiki sounds really interesting. They should put that on
the webpage. Could it be possible that the original homesteaders had brought R.
Kemp with them planted it there?

Bob

"Starlord" wrote in message
: Who or what is Robet Kemp?
:
: This canna was found growing by itself on the lands of an old empty homestead
on
: Oahu Hawaii, I saved seeds and dug rhizomes from the site, then during the
class
: 5 Hurricane that hit Hawaii, a landslide covered the site with a few million
: tons of rock and dirt, you can't even get back to the site anymore, I tried.
: I've been growing the seeds and the rhizomes since. This place was back in the
: hills, no one had lived there for 60 to 70 years, house was all but destroyed
by
: the time I found the place on a walk along an old path. There where no other
: canna's growing anywhere near the place, the canna where living on the rain
fall
: water they got.
:
: So as the finder of it, and not seeing any other canna just like it on the
: market, I've named it and now this one canna seller is selling it for me.
:
:
:
: --
: "In this universe the night was falling,the shadows were lengthening
: towards an east that would not know another dawn.
: But elsewhere the stars were still young and the light of morning
: lingered: and along the path he once had followed, man would one day go
: again."
:
: Arthur C. Clarke, The City & The Stars
:
: SIAR
: www.starlords.org
: Bishop's Car Fund
: http://www.bishopcarfund.Netfirms.com/
: Freelance Writers Shop
: http://www.freelancewrittersshop.netfirms.com
: Telescope Buyers FAQ
: http://home.inreach.com/starlord
:
: "Bob H" wrote in message
: news:kJGXa.68732$YN5.51395@sccrnsc01...
: Kind of looks just like Robert Kemp to me.
:
: What's the difference?
:
: Bob H