Old 06-08-2003, 09:02 PM
Jim Paterson

Default 'Gardeners' Wilt'

I have heard of clematis wilt and verticillum wilt etc. plus the unrelated
'Brewers'Droop' all well known problems but how does one combat 'Gardeners'
Wilt' which is what I think I may have contracted during these extreme
temperatures we have been experiencing lately?
I have to work other peoples gaardens every day and apart from the odd glass
of squash or tea I have to just get on with it. Maybe I'm just starting to
feel my age but seriously how do others cope with the heat and still work
through the day outdoors and not always with a shady area.?
Jim
ps As an ex marine I have obviously experienced a lot worse but I was kinda
younger then!!!