Old 07-08-2003, 12:32 AM
RichToyBox

Default Need filtration system for BIG pond - help!

Several others will give info on filter systems. I have a vortex, going to
a bead filter, going to an upflow gravel filter filled with plants. If you
are doing a koi pond, I would highly recommend going deeper, installing a
bottom drain, and a skimmer. 2 feet deep is pretty shallow for koi. My big
pond is about 3.5 feet deep, and some of the koi ponds that I have seen are
8 or more feet deep.
--
RichToyBox

"Jleag" wrote in message
Hi,

I am the proud owner of a 100 gallon pond which I have had for 10 years. I
love it and now I want to expand to a larger pond. I am building a 15' x

15' x
2' pond and need a new filtration system. Do any of you nice people

reading
this have experience in this area. I am thinking about a gravity fed

filtration
system to deal with the koi I would like to have in the pond. Any
thoughts you might have would be very appreciated! Thanks in advance for

your
help -
Best wishes and happy ponding!! Lillie