Old 02-02-2003, 02:45 AM
Alice Gamewell

Default Tomato Heirlooms

They will make out probably better than hybrids. Put hybrids in the same
situation Harold. You are just so oponioned you cant seem to see other points
of veiw. I say heirlooms are the best. I grow theses, have no trouble. with
them The key is to find out which heirlooms work best in your area.
Any seed will do bad in diseased soil. HEIRLOOMS HAVE SURVIVED THE TEST OF
TIME.
HYBRIDS HAVE COME IN AND OUT OF VOGUE.

Anne Middleton/Harold Walker wrote:

" There are so many endearing qualities to heirloom plants, tomatoes
included.

" They are foolproof, dependable, disease resitant naturally,

"........poppycock and balderdash re "naturally desease resistant....put 'em
in some real "desease contaminated soil" and see how they make out......HW