Old 07-08-2003, 04:42 AM

Default My Comet

when female GF are ready to spawn that is when GF and koi together is a real problem.
even male GF can over spawn females to death. Ingrid

Sylvia wrote:

David, I had the exact problem! My four yr old fantail has been with her
pond mates since I got all of them. Another large Comet went missing 10 days
ago.. and the fantail started hiding behind a pot and wouldn't even come
out to eat. Well I found the missing comet DEAD and beaten to a pulp. This
got me wondering if maybe the fantail knew something I didn't! This AM I
was at the pond and witnessed the Koi actually beating up on her! I
removed her to a smaller pond & she is most grateful.
Now that the Koi have grown so large, they have become agressive bullies,
the little Fantail that grew up with them has now become their target. Just
my observation.
SunnyNYzone 4-5

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/