Old 07-08-2003, 03:23 PM
Franz Heymann

Default Stainless steel drum (was part of 2 questions)

"Pam Morris" wrote in message

[snip]

To Franz Heymann who suggested " If you would like it to look like a
sandstone container, paint it with one
of those 2-component liquid resins. (The sort of thing used fopr car body
repairs, which you can get at a Halford shop.) Then overpaint it with the
setting agent and quickly sprinkle some dry sand all over the surface and
wait for it to set. The process is irreversible for practical purposes!"

A solution! I'll give that a go when the weather cools down and I regain

my
energy.

It would be nice to hear how you like the final product.
I once made an excellent alpine garden trough from a cracked pottery sink.

[snip]

Franz Heymann