Old 07-08-2003, 04:43 PM
Rusty

Default 'Gardeners' Wilt'

"David Hill" wrote:.
What's wrong with having a few flasks of either Tea or even cold drink, (I
always find hot Tea is great in this weather whilst I am working,
sometimes in the glasshouse or poly tunnel in the heat of the day)
You should be drinking 6 to 8 pints of fluid a day, at least.
---

Helping out with the harvest in the '50s, when summers really were summers,
most of us took into the fields a large snap-top Carona bottle filled with
cold, milky sweet tea. An onion, a slice of mouse trap, a hunk of bread, not
forgetting a pen knife, completed a good alfresco meal. One harvester I
remember had an annoying habit of bringing along a pack of 20 Churchman's
No1, tearing the cigarettes up and mixing the tobacco with roll-your-own
stuff then spending most of his lunch break rolling anew. I didn't think the
re-rolled cigarettes tasted any better.

Rusty