Old 07-08-2003, 06:32 PM
Neil Law

Default Redoing pond

I've hired someone to come in and fix my pond (I'm tired of the sides collapsing
all the time) and to add 2 new bogs. Naturally I'm going to have to remove all
of my fish. I have 2 full size koi, 5 baby koi and about 20 gold fish of varying
sizes.

My plan was to fill a 100 gallon stock tank with pond water to keep them in
during the construction (it's the biggest thing I have). I plan on putting a net
over the tank and will revive a 5 gallon pail filter I created.

The plants will go in various buckets, except for floaters which will go in the
stock tank.

The landscaper estimates about 2 days to do the work. I would expect in total
that the fish would be in the tank for about a week before they can go back in.

Any precautions about keeping the fish in the tank during that time?

Any advice on returning them back to the pond?

Thanks in advance.