Old 07-08-2003, 08:03 PM
Sam Hopkins

Default Redoing pond

That's a lot of fish in 100 gallons of water. By full size koi do you mean
18"?

Go to walmart and get some rubbermaid containers. They are cheap, will do
the trick, and you'll have storage boxes after it's all done.

If not I'd be concerned that ammonia or nitirites will kill everything off
in the 100 gallon tank since you're starting fresh.

"Neil Law" wrote in message
I've hired someone to come in and fix my pond (I'm tired of the sides

collapsing
all the time) and to add 2 new bogs. Naturally I'm going to have to remove

all
of my fish. I have 2 full size koi, 5 baby koi and about 20 gold fish of

varying
sizes.

My plan was to fill a 100 gallon stock tank with pond water to keep them

in
during the construction (it's the biggest thing I have). I plan on putting

a net
over the tank and will revive a 5 gallon pail filter I created.

The plants will go in various buckets, except for floaters which will go

in the
stock tank.

The landscaper estimates about 2 days to do the work. I would expect in

total
that the fish would be in the tank for about a week before they can go

back in.

Any precautions about keeping the fish in the tank during that time?

Any advice on returning them back to the pond?

Thanks in advance.