Old 07-08-2003, 10:02 PM
Jim Paterson

Default 'Gardeners' Wilt'

The message
from "Jim Paterson" contains these words:

how does one combat 'Gardeners'
Wilt' which is what I think I may have contracted during these extreme
temperatures we have been experiencing lately?
I have to work other peoples gaardens every day and apart from the odd

glass
of squash or tea I have to just get on with it. Maybe I'm just starting

feel my age but seriously how do others cope with the heat and still

work
through the day outdoors and not always with a shady area.?

Well I can see I'm not the only one with a bead of sweat on my brow. The
methods used to combat the heat as recommended are in the main used by me. I
drink loads, pace myself, 'spend a penny', wear a hat, overalls (which I
have to for protection from nasties) and I remember taking part in harvests
in the '50s, eating salt tablets in the mob and currently dream of snowball
fights in winter. Yeuk! must be heat dementia. Gone to the fridge....