Old 08-08-2003, 06:15 PM
David W.E. Roberts

Default Plants growing through the floor slab

"Louise" wrote in message
s.com...
Help! - I have a ivy type plant growing up from behind the skirting
board.

It does not appear to be growing outside, so I assume its growing from
under the floor slab.

What can I use to kill this plant - permanently- bearing in mind that
its indoors.

Thanks in anticipation

Louise
--
Louise

Lousie,

once you have worked out where it is coming from (and beaten up the guilty
if required) then there is good advice elsewhere on this NG about killing
invasive plants.

One way is to contain the end of the tendrils in a sealed plasic bag along
with some weedkiller such as Tumbleweed.
This ensures that the weedkiller is absorbed but is not tranferred to
anything else.
As always, follow the safety precautions on the packet including washing
hands etc.

HTH
Dave R