Old 08-08-2003, 07:03 PM
dstvns

Default Black ants

On 07 Aug 2003 22:31:47 GMT, (Mceezee) wrote:

Is there anything I can do to keep black ants (they are coming into my kitchen
from the outside) other than using Raid or ant traps, etc?

Get some big pots of boiling water ready. Find their nest (usually a
small, dirty stone-grayish spot in the grass outside, with lots of
holes and ants runing around...its probably very close to your house).
Get a spade shovel and quickly scoop up and saturate the area with
boiling water. The few surviving ants will spend the next several
days (weeks?) moving to another location, and retreat from your house.
Replace the grass/dirt clump when finished.

Dan