Old 08-08-2003, 07:02 PM
Peppergirl

Default Black ants

Hi!

Having gone through the same thing, i discovered they do "not" like cucumber
skins. If you can find out where they coming in, then place the skins around
the spot. For me it took about a week and half, but i have to say, i've not
had a ant since!! I stopped putting the peeling down and nothing.
Good-luck!!
peppergirl
Please check out my website. Click on below.
http://hotcuisine.esmartweb.com/

"Mceezee" wrote in message

Is there anything I can do to keep black ants (they are coming into my

kitchen
from the outside) other than using Raid or ant traps, etc?

Old 08-08-2003, 07:02 PM
David Hill

"........ Is there anything I can do to keep black ants (they are coming
into my kitchen from the outside) other than using Raid or ant traps,
etc? .........."

Move????

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 08-08-2003, 07:03 PM
J. Lane

Hi Mc,
You might want to try products that contain diatomatious earth ( think I'm
spelling it right ) some of the products contain food additives to make the
critters eat it. The earth essentailly dries up the ant. It works for
earwigs too.
Sprinkle some around access areas eg. doors, windows, cracks in the
basement. As far as I know it is non toxic.
--
Jayel

Old 08-08-2003, 07:03 PM
Philip

This is going to sound weird, but cinnamon powder will deter them. They
hate it and won't cross it. I didn't believe it myself, but when they got
into my terrarium I decided to try it. They stopped trying.

Philip

Old 08-08-2003, 07:04 PM
John DeBoo

Mceezee wrote:
Is there anything I can do to keep black ants (they are coming into my kitchen
from the outside) other than using Raid or ant traps, etc?

Spray the outside of your house (3' up the walls and 3' out) with
the proper solution of Diazinon and water. Takes care of the bugs.
Keep away from pets!

Old 09-08-2003, 02:22 AM
Phisherman

On Fri, 08 Aug 2003 10:18:08 -0600, John DeBoo
wrote:

Mceezee wrote:
Is there anything I can do to keep black ants (they are coming into my kitchen
from the outside) other than using Raid or ant traps, etc?

Spray the outside of your house (3' up the walls and 3' out) with
the proper solution of Diazinon and water. Takes care of the bugs.
Keep away from pets!

Diazinon is no longer available in most areas, but it will work if you
can get some. I used to use it around the house foundation and had no
basement bugs throughout the summer months.
Old 09-08-2003, 06:22 AM
John DeBoo

wrote:

Mceezee wrote:

Is there anything I can do to keep black ants (they are coming into my kitchen
from the outside) other than using Raid or ant traps, etc?

Spray the outside of your house (3' up the walls and 3' out) with
the proper solution of Diazinon and water. Takes care of the bugs.
Keep away from pets!

Diazinon is no longer available in most areas, but it will work if you
can get some. I used to use it around the house foundation and had no
basement bugs throughout the summer months.

I'd heard that in another thread. I need to stock up!

Old 09-08-2003, 12:12 PM
Tom Jaszewski

I used to use it around the house foundation and had no
basement bugs throughout the summer months.

Good for you! After all who'd be able to sleep at night with a
*BASEMENT BUG!!!!!*