Old 08-08-2003, 07:03 PM
Tom Randy

Default Mini Pumpkin Question

On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 17:36:53 -0400, Bennett wrote:

I have had good luck so far with my first attempt at growing small
pumkins. I started with the seeds for "Baby Boo" and have some nice vines
with tiny pumpkins growing where the female flowers were.

I'm doing this in my small back yard. They are growing in a narrow bed on
the side of my lawn.
Now they are starting to spread onto the lawn with these cool spiral
tendrils growing into the lawn.

My questions a
-Will breaking these tendrils be problematic as I want to train the vines
to go away from the lawn?

Nope, go ahead.

-Can I stake up the vines to avoid ground contact? The purpose would be
to isolate the fruits from pests and disease.

Yup!