Old 08-08-2003, 07:04 PM
Beecrofter

Default radical pruning of Pivet hedge results

Other Brother Kevin wrote in message ...
Last fall I Chopped, Hatched and otherwise radially pruned my 7' high
Pivet hedge down to about 18". I happy to report it was a complete
success pruned them today into nice 3' cubes. Not sure how large I'm
going to let them get this time but the important they are alive and
doing well.

So the answer is, this wasn't a bad example of when amatuers read books

Kevin

Privet is very forgiving, most time major hedge trimming and coppicing
is better done late winter to early spring before they leaf out.