Old 08-08-2003, 09:34 PM
Mike

Default Need help with Tungsten Garden Light and PIR settings

In article , e r col
writes
Having finally gotten around to drilling out the rusted bolt in the garden
light that hasn't worked for years, I replaced the tungsten bulb and find
the thing now works .... but I'm not sure how to adjust its settings.

I have a vague notion of some 'special way' of turning it off / on at the
mains to toggle between auto mode (PIR) and always on. However, I can't
remember what the 'special way' is ... does anyone here know?

Also, I'm not sure how to adjust the PIR settings (distance/degree of dusk).
Again, can anyone here help?

I have tried googling for the information, but without success, so I thought
I'd try a rec.gardening group for assistance :-)

TIA

ED

I installed a whole load round a factory complex and the only way to do
it is by trial and error. Which means at this time of the year, working
late :-((.

You have to adjust at what depth of darkness you want them to activate,
so you have to be there at that amount of light, then you have to adjust
for duration. Mine had to come on when anyone approached so they could
see any obstructions, then stay on long enough to get from A to B OR
their car.

Took me about 3 evenings to get them sorted.

Mike