Old 09-08-2003, 02:14 AM

Default Does compost need turning in a dalek bin

(hugo agogo) writes:

"bnd777" wrote in message

Much better to have several bins made out of palletts pulled apart and put
back together in a solid shape

Any tips on how to take pallets apart? Last time I tried, the nails
were so effective that I gave up, fearing I would give myself a hernia
instead.

They are quite often held together by barbed nails. Easiest thing to
do with them is to get a bit of pipe with an internal diameter just
bigger than the head of a nail, file some teeth in one end of it and
stick the other end in an electric drill. Once you've got the boards
off you can knock the nails in flush with the surface, the collar of
wood left round the nail will break off when you do it.

Anthony