Old 09-08-2003, 04:02 AM
SugarChile

Default Is your basil faulty?

Love the subject line!! Yep, my basil is just sitting there. I felt that
my transplants were stunted by the cool spring, so I did some direct seeding
as well--they sprouted, but have only grown a few inches. There's just not
enough sunshine.

At least you had some basil last year. We had severe water restrictions,
and my basil didn't make the triage cut on watering, I was just trying to
save some of the shrubs and trees.

However, despite the long snowy winter, the cold wet spring, and the current
bout of rain and cloudy skies, I am NOT complaining. It's not an ideal
growing season, but it's still better than a drought. Anything is better
than a drought.

Cheers,
Sue

Zone 6, Southcentral PA

"Tyra Trevellyn" wrote in message
My basil (many many plants) just hasn't taken off.....I've only been able

whip up a few batches of pesto and that ain't fair. Nothing like last

year's
endless supply grown in that hot sunny summer I remember well. It fits

that
tomatoes are in stunningly short supply in our sodden area (and New Jersey
without tomatoes is like, well, like .....tomatoes without basil).

Best,
Tyra
nNJ usa z7wet