Old 09-08-2003, 04:02 AM
fran

Default Should tall bearded iris foliage be cut back in fall?

I let them die back, then remove the spent leaves. I only cut the
leaves when I am transplanting/thinning them. Remember, cutting the
leaves back while still green means less nutrients going to the roots.

On Fri, 08 Aug 2003 22:10:44 -0400, Pelvis Popcan
wrote:

Or should I just let it die and pull it off as it turns brown?

I had also asked in another thread... should any fertilizer be applied
in the fall, or should it wait until early Spring?

Again, I'm talking about rhizome Iris, not bulb Iris.