Old 09-08-2003, 08:24 AM
Racf

Default interpet antislime

"alan howell" wrote in message
Hi all
has anyone ever used "Interpet Antislime algae " treatment.Just

wondered if
it works, TIA.....Alan

--
freeserve.co.uk

I have not used it. What is generally called slime algae is actually
bacteria. If this product were to address it, it would have to be an
anti-biotic like Erythromycin(probably misspelled that). Its the only
anti-biotic I have heard of that would address it without completely
killing bio-filter. I would suggest not using it unless its clearly
understood what it is and what your problem is.

The latest recommended procedure for getting rid of this bacteria is to
black out the tank for a few days..or just sucking it out.....The root
cause is generally high phosphate levels.

Good luck..