Old 09-08-2003, 08:24 AM
AWM

Default Are Flymo electric hovers cr*p?

"Matt" wrote in message
I need a new mower and I am tempted by a Flymo Compact Hover one of the

ones
around £70-80. Thing is having researched on Google groups it seems many
people are unimpressed. So does anyone here have one? and if so are they

ok?

Cheers

Matt

No they work OK -- the only problem I have had with cheap end Flymo mowers
is badly crimped spade connectors where the power wires goes into the
motor. BUT pay an extra 25 quid and get a bottom end wheeled petrol
mower -- a 41 cm with a B&S engine -- much much quicker to use than an
electric hover one -- cuts quicker and no stopping to re-arange the cable.
I have been using one for 4 years with no problems, only an oil change
every year and new blade every 2 seasons.