Old 09-08-2003, 11:14 AM
Kay Easton

Default Feeding roses

In article , Franz Heymann notfranz.
writes

"Kay Easton" wrote in message

I thought the problem with lime haters was that the particular mineral
(IIRC iron) was not easily available in an acid soil. And that things
like Miracid, rather than trying to make the soil sufficiently acid for
the iron to become available, instead supply the iron in a form that can
be assimilated even when the pH of the soil is too high.

(Rather like giving Vitamin B12 injections to pernicious anaemia
sufferers who cannot absorb B12 taken orally)

That was a rather nice analogy.
Now get down to the nitty gritty {:-): Should I use up my unwanted reserves
by feeding my roses or not?

Well the logical conclusion of my reply would be that it can't do them
any harm. But I don't feed my roses anyway so who am I to say? ;-)

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: