Old 09-08-2003, 02:32 PM
Pat Meadows

Default Problems growing Dill & Rosemary

On Fri, 08 Aug 2003 07:36:34 GMT, (dstvns)
wrote:

Your conditions sound a little like my own in the eastern mid-atlantic
US. My rosemary has died two straight years here...I even potted it
and brought it in, but the cold weather and damp soil is what I think
did it in...I thought damp soil would be fine since it was originally
found on the craggy rocks of the mediterranean. Now I know rosemary
requires lots of pampering up here in the cold weather; it will stay
indoors near the heater.

But the Mediterranean climate isn't really wet, but
definitely on the dry side: look at pictures of the Greek
Islands - not much vegetation there.

Pat