Old 09-08-2003, 02:33 PM
Noydb

Default Cubicle worker.

wrote:

I look forward to any advice and/or suggestions. I will keep the
group posted on the purchase and any comments from the locals.

Peter

Hmmmm.

I'd like to suggest that you grow the plants elsewhere until they reach the
fruiting stage and then bring them to work. This is the basic idea behind
the firms that rent plants to commercial entities such as malls and office
buildings -- they get the plant all showy and then bring it into the
client's building for a set period of time.

Plants are fussy about the conditions immediately preceding fruiting. Your
office does not offer enough light, or enough variety in the lighting
schedule / heating. I know of no worthwhile fruit that will bear under
those circumstances. That said, consider a miniature lemon or orange tree.

Bill
--
Zone 5b (Detroit, MI)