Old 09-08-2003, 02:33 PM
Jack1000

Default zucchini death

Hey! 59¢/LB at the store and no bugs! Life is still good!
I always has a problem with cutworms so I planted inside cups with the bottom
cut out. So what happens? I got zucchini vine borers this year. I have been
fortunate in that I was able to find the problems early. You need to take a
thin wire and probe it into the bored hole in an attempt to spear the larva and
kill it or remove it. Then cover the base of the plant with soil or sand the
plant will try to recover and put out new roots. If It's too late, just thank
god you didn't have an acre of them 'Live and learn.'

Jack

whaaaaaaa!
Thanks for the info. I'll know better next year...but my dreams of zucchini
pancakes are dashed...boohooo.