Old 09-08-2003, 02:35 PM
GrlIntrpted

Default Dracula erythrochaete

I have a Dracula erythrochaete with 11 spikes (I think one blasted earlier
today, it's yellowing). I have a slight dilema. Here are a few links to
the photo of the orchid. As you can see each photo is quite different. I'm
a bit confused as to how that's possible. I'm trying to figure out what it
should look like. Some of these pages claim that it's a native to Costa
Rica, mine says that it's from Colombia!

http://www.lesorb.com/album/dracula/page1.htm
http://www.geocities.com/masdevallia...ochaete-3.html
http://orchids.org/ooc/Genera/Dracul...throchaete.jpg
http://www.hjmillner.freeuk.com/drac_erythroch.jpg

I'm dying of curiousity and my Dracula is taking it's sweet time opening up.
Meanwhile, will the real Dracula erythrochaete stand up?

Mariana