Old 09-08-2003, 02:35 PM
Gene Schurg

Default Black stuff on roots?

I'd start with something like physan or maybe a weak bleach mix.

Physan we know is safe and bleach is generally safe. Maybe someone else has
an idea of what concentration would be safe.

Or if the plants aren't suffering just let them grow and when the weather
gets dry the mildew will die.

Gene

"Wendy" wrote in message
*g* Oh yes Gene, that's what it looks like the mildew that you see on

patio
furniture! It
is not powdery like mould & won't just wipe off?
So what do I use for mildew?
Cheers Wendy
"Gene Schurg" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Uh....Wendy....were you spray painting the lawn furniture black again?

Could it be mildew?

"Wendy" wrote in message
I have a couple of plants aerial roots that have black on them. I

doesn't
just
wipe off? Any thoughts on what to do?
Cheers Wendy