Old 09-08-2003, 02:36 PM
Mike Bennett

Default [IBC] English Hawthorn

My own experience of hawthorn is that, whilst they are quick to strike
roots, it seems to take a great deal of time for them to form anything of
any note. Airlayers have always proved difficult, you get a large number of
very small roots but, even after a couple of years there is rarely enough
root mass to sustain the plant on its own.

Mike Bennett. UK