Old 09-08-2003, 03:02 PM
Cereoid-UR12-

Default Need help identifying this plant

Your plant is not a fern at all.

Its Asparagus plumosa, a xerophytic flowering plant.

If you have the dwarf form of the species, it will stay small.

If you keep it moist and in shade like a true fern, it will eventually die.

Asparagus need plenty of light and to go dry between waterings to do well.

Do not mist it.

John Smith wrote in message
Hi all,

I recently bought a plant, but I'm not sure what kind it is. All I know
is it is some type of fern.

Please take a look at my plant he

http://www3.sympatico.ca/pjung/plant

I'm more interested in the following:

- How big will it get? It's about 4 inches tall now.
- Will this survive in an office with lots of flourescent lighting
but no natural sunlight?
- Should I wait until the soil is almost dry before watering?
- Should I be misting this plant often, and if so, how often?

Please respond to this newsgroup.

Thanks in advance!