Old 09-08-2003, 07:03 PM
Franz Heymann

Default Feeding roses

"Kay Easton" wrote in message
In article , Franz Heymann notfranz.
writes

"Kay Easton" wrote in message

Well the logical conclusion of my reply would be that it can't do them
any harm. But I don't feed my roses anyway so who am I to say? ;-)

Unless you are gardening on a truly exceptional piece of ground, you will

be
in for a very pleasant surprise if you feed them something. Even just
Growmore will be a lot better than nothing.

They're far too vigorous already! ;-)
They're all shrub roses, some modern, some old, some species. All
growing in amongst the other shrubs and trees and giving a good display.
Things are doing just as well now as when I used to use growmore, so I'm
happy to leave be. It's one less job :-)

Ah, now I understand. My problem with shrub roses, as you might have
gleaned from my cries for help in the ng, is that mine are thriving so much
that the rest of my garden is in danger of being overtaken by them. Having
said that, I won't swap them for any other plant.

[Franz Heymann]