Old 09-08-2003, 08:02 PM
Bob in PA

Default Koi missing Pectoral fin!

Perhaps it could have been torn on a submerged rock, or maybe it was a bird
or racoon that you didn't see.

Bob
Just like to point out that this is two differant Bobs. I'm in S.E. Pa,
and he is in NY.

"Bob" wrote in message
et...
The other day when I went to my pond I was surprised to see that one of my
koi lost one of his (or hers) pectoral fins. What are some of the

possible
reasons that this could happen? I don't have a raccoon or bird
problem...but now I have my two dogs "on patrol" just to keep things

honest
by the pond! The dogs don't go near the fish and I never see the koi
"fighting" that would cause such a thing to happen. The fish appears to

be
fine now...was having a few problems maneuvering at first but it's amazing
to see how well he adapted. Everything in the pond is in order, no fin or
tail rot disease to be seen. It just has me baffled on how this may have
happened. Any ideas? Thanks!

Bob
Long Island, NY