Old 09-08-2003, 08:32 PM
Frogleg

Default Cubicle worker.

On 8 Aug 2003 20:41:17 -0700,
) wrote:

I work in an office and am looking for a fruit plant for my desk. My
desk is in a cubicle which is ten feet any from a standard tinted
office window so the only real light source for the plant will have to
be the fluorescent overhead lights seven feet above the desk. The
temperature of the office is pretty much a standard 70F M-F but might
range from 60F-80F on the weekends throughout the year. I have read
in this group that fluorescent lights are ineffectual if they are more
that six inches away from the plant but so is life.

What you read is correct. Flowering (and fruiting) plants generally
need a considerable amount of light. As someone else mentioned, if you
want color and drama on the desktop, you're going to have to grow
elsewhere and bring plants into your cubicle for brief periods.