Old 09-08-2003, 09:22 PM
cpemma

Default is cosmos easy to grow from seed?

Pam Moore wrote:
On Sat, 09 Aug 2003 18:03:01 GMT, jayjay
wrote:

I'm sitting here in the shade, (with my jug of Pimm's), admiring a
patio pot of white cosmos - bought from a garden centre - they're
not perennials, are they? Do you just buy some seeds and stick
them in a pot - in January? inside? Isn't this an interesting
discussion group - talking 's much easier than digging...
--

No, don't buy seed. Save some seed from the ones you have. ..

Now, we only grow the white Purity - are they likely to come white again?

To the OP, they grow very rapidly indeed from seed, we sow early May so they
can go into the (cold) greenhouse and get some light, left in the house they
go leggy very quickly.