Old 09-08-2003, 10:12 PM
Pat Meadows

Default help id mint?

On Sat, 09 Aug 2003 17:07:07 -0400, Joe
wrote:

Can anyone help identify this mint? It grows 4 to 5 feet high, the largest
leaves are 3 inches long, the stems and leaves are a little hairy. It has a
good taste for making mint tea, and best of all, doesn't spread aggressively
like other mints that I have. This mint was here when I moved in, and I
suspect it's been here a long time and it's still a small patch:

http://www.joekaz.net/photos/whatsth...l/index_0.html

I cannot be sure, but it looks an awful lot like lemon balm
(Melissa officinalis) to me. My lemon balm did not spread
aggressively.

Does it have a lemony smell when you crush a leaf?

Pat