Old 09-08-2003, 11:12 PM
K30a

Default Backyard Water Garden Special on HGTV

You beat me to it, Ingrid!

I wanted them to explain WHY a filter is needed.
They kept saying 'to filter the water' I think most people would think 'it
filters dirt, dust, leaves out of the water' like a pool filter.
And the cleaning involved in the rock bottomed pond. I wondered about some of
the landscaping with mulch - is that sloping into the pond? What about the
first good rain?
Also tossing in water hyacinth - they will shade the fish (and eat the dog and
cat and move you out of your home and could be illegal in your state!)

k30a
and the watergardening labradors
http://www.geocities.com/watergarden...ors/index.html