Old 10-08-2003, 10:02 AM
Nedra

Default feeding question

Hi Carol, After doing the fingers dangling ... just wait. It
has been only 2 weeks. Fish are timid creatures. They
will soon get used to you and your voice. I would tell
the grandkids to stand back away from the pond... and
talk very softly.... the fish will soon become acclimated and
come up to the top.

Good Luck!

Nedra

"Deswinds" wrote in message
Can someone tell me what to do? or how to go about encouraging my fish to
come to the surface to feed? Right now they wait for the "floating"

pellets
to sink to the bottom before they'll eat.

I know, this is hardly a concern, generally, but my grandkids don't quite
understand why they won't come to the surface to eat like they've seen on
the tapes they saw. Is there a trick to teach them to come up? or is it

just
they are too young. I've 4 goldfish (2" long) and 4 shubunkins (3-4"

long).
They've been in my pond for maybe 2 weeks now.

Thanks,
carol