Old 10-08-2003, 01:02 PM
Tom Randy

Default Garlic death

On Sat, 09 Aug 2003 20:04:40 -0400, Wrighty wrote:

I planted about 40 cloves of garlic in early spring into my garden but
when they didn't look too healthy, i replaced them with plants (grown in
the greenhouse). These looked great for a few weeks and were as tall as
my onion plants (on same patch) but after some "heavy" Isle Of Wight
winds the garlic were flat on the ground and soon died. weirdly the
onions were fine and have gone on to produce a bumper crop. Anyone know
why my garlic didnt survive if the onions did? What should i do to
prevent this next yr??

Isn't garlic supposed to be planted in the fall and harvested in July?

That's how it is here in N.Y. and how I do it anyway.