Old 10-08-2003, 03:42 PM
john rutz

Default Why top posting is bad. was: Gardening - test

wrote:
it is a nested set. how many of those little "" things indicate what words go with
what person. the one with the most was the first person in the queue.
99% of the time who said what and in what order isnt important anyway. That part of
the message is just reference.
OTOH, I just delete messages where all I see is quoted material at the top. I dont
bother to scroll down on the off chance there is something there. Ingrid

I sort by order recieved,, most times i can remember the gist of the
discusion.
if something comes in and I get lost I resort by thread and follow
the indicator lines back to the post that is being commented on this is
especialy handy when we have drifted completly off subject and someoone
who cant check every day or two posts from the origional discussion
after a week or so.

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

see my pond at: