Old 10-08-2003, 07:12 PM
sandra

Default Backyard Water Gardens

I didnt see that one but your mention of it reminded me of a program I saw a
couple weeks ago called "monster house". Its where a bunch of contractors
come into someones house and re-do it to a theme of some sort in 1 weeks
time. The one I saw added a "koi" pond the length of the immediate backside
of the house/former patio. 1 day after the shallow pond was installed, sand
lined, liner and small smooth rocks added, they put in 3 nice looking young
4" or so koi whose backs were barely under the water. When the owners came
home, they remarked "oh look...fishies". I cringed. Those poor fish likely
didnt last a week and certainly the pond "designer" should have known
better. I wouldn't have put anything bigger than a minnow in there.
Sandra

"Nedra" wrote in message
hlink.net...
The HDTV program: "Backyard Water Gardens" really need
to learn from our guys and gals who post, right? I was
surprised to see the pond they put in for folks that had tons
of rocks on the inside of the pond - including gravel and Not One Word

about
the maintenance. They just put the rock in with no word about cleaning

the
pond! Oh Well....

Nedra