Old 09-08-2003, 11:12 PM
Nedra

Default Backyard Water Gardens

The HDTV program: "Backyard Water Gardens" really need
to learn from our guys and gals who post, right? I was
surprised to see the pond they put in for folks that had tons
of rocks on the inside of the pond - including gravel and Not One Word about
the maintenance. They just put the rock in with no word about cleaning the
pond! Oh Well....

Nedra

Old 09-08-2003, 11:32 PM
john rutz

Nedra wrote:
The HDTV program: "Backyard Water Gardens" really need
to learn from our guys and gals who post, right? I was
surprised to see the pond they put in for folks that had tons
of rocks on the inside of the pond - including gravel and Not One Word about
the maintenance. They just put the rock in with no word about cleaning the
pond! Oh Well....

Nedra

I missed it ** purpose *** allan is an idiot I watched his
regular show every garden he does is identical --- damn curves and
mondo grass
--

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 10-08-2003, 01:02 AM
Nedra

John, have you seen the other posting. Lots more people
have posted to it and all are on our side. This guy should be
run off the air waves.

Nedra

Old 10-08-2003, 07:12 PM
sandra

I didnt see that one but your mention of it reminded me of a program I saw a
couple weeks ago called "monster house". Its where a bunch of contractors
come into someones house and re-do it to a theme of some sort in 1 weeks
time. The one I saw added a "koi" pond the length of the immediate backside
of the house/former patio. 1 day after the shallow pond was installed, sand
lined, liner and small smooth rocks added, they put in 3 nice looking young
4" or so koi whose backs were barely under the water. When the owners came
home, they remarked "oh look...fishies". I cringed. Those poor fish likely
didnt last a week and certainly the pond "designer" should have known
better. I wouldn't have put anything bigger than a minnow in there.
Sandra

hlink.net...

Old 10-08-2003, 07:22 PM
GaneaRowenna

I was not impressed with this show, at all. Even a newbie like me could have
done a much more professional job.
ShawnAnne
High Desert, zone 6

Old 10-08-2003, 09:42 PM
K30a

I saw the Monster House show with the 'fishies' too. Same reaction from dear
daughter and I.

We've been adding some decorations to the band room in our house. Blue tube
lights, large black shaggy pillows... one of the boys decided we were going
'monster house' on them.

k30a
and the watergardening labradors
http://www.geocities.com/watergarden...ors/index.html
Old 11-08-2003, 04:03 PM
BenignVanilla

"john rutz" wrote in message

Nedra wrote:
The HDTV program: "Backyard Water Gardens" really need
to learn from our guys and gals who post, right? I was
surprised to see the pond they put in for folks that had tons
of rocks on the inside of the pond - including gravel and Not One Word

about
the maintenance. They just put the rock in with no word about cleaning

the
pond! Oh Well....

Nedra

I missed it ** purpose *** allan is an idiot I watched his
regular show every garden he does is identical --- damn curves and
mondo grass

I think I have it recorded, but have not checked yet. Was this pond show ***
Allan? I am not thrilled with his designs either. I think he does nice work;
the designs just don't suit me when it comes to his plant choices. I do like
his ideas on bed lines thought.

BV